A Million SSL Globally TargetNovember 17, 2018
Number one SSL store in the WorldNovember 17, 2018
It is worth noting that SSL protocol was preceded by a more secure Transport Layer Security (TLS) in 1999 but people continue to refer the technology as SSL.
How SSL Works:
- The first party in this case a browser or a server initiate communication by making request to connect to a website, the web server hosting the website which is secured by a SSL.
- The browser/server request the web server to identify itself.
- The Web server simply sends a copy of the SSL certificate of the site being accessed to the browser or server.
- The requesting party – browser or server checks the copy of the SSL Certificate received to see if it trusts the SSL Certificate, if it does it sends a message to the web server.
- The Web server sends back an acknowledgement digitally signed by the SSL certificate declaring intent to start an encrypted session
- After this start of an encrypted session, encrypted communication is shared between the browser/server and the web browser.