WHAT IS A SSL SITE SEAL?
An SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a certificate that functions to bind an organization’s information to a cryptographic key that when installed it activates a padlock and the https protocol that all function to offer secure connection between the server and the web browser.
The SSL secure site seal is an image file that has a function to assure visitors that all connections are secure of which can be displayed on your website. It comes along with a SSL certificate that has the capability to show information regarding the certificate authority and the SSL certificate authority types. The site seal is a proof that the certificate authority has verified and authenticated the site and have issued the SSL certificate in question. The site seal also ensures that the visitors to a certain secured website are safe for all kind of web transactions.
The SSL secure site seal can be on an entire website or on sub-sections like the home-pages, log-in, or any other sites than require security for their customers in regard to their assurance. The site seal can be accessed to reveal the information on time and date that the certificate remains still valid.
The SSL secure site seals also help increase the sales in that they help to affirm that the clients to a certain website are real and that all the transactions are complete secure from all kind of malicious activities. The secure site seals are offered for free during the time of purchase and the renewal period by most the legal issuing certificate authorities.
The process of installing the secure site seals is a very simple procedure that hardly requires a lot of technical know-how. Though the process may defer from one platform to another. Below I have expanded on the procedures involved for some platforms.
Rapid SSL Certificates.
You can add a rapid SSL site seal on your Rapid SSL certificate that you have installed on your website. For that to be accomplished follow the procedures below;
- Use your web to go to the site below
- Follow the step-by-step procedure under resolution so to install the seal on the site in question.
Symantec SSL Certificates.
For the Symantec SSL certificates, if you need to install the secure site seal, it is possible to add a Symantec certificate secure site seal to your website. So to accomplish this, follow the procedures below:
- Access the site below using your website
- Select the website URL, language, display format, and the size for your site SSL under the ‘Choose Your Seal’ option.
- Click ‘I Accept’ under ‘Create Your Seal Script’. Create script.
- Now go ahead to copy the HTML that has been generated then paste it into your web page.
GlobalSign SSL Certificates.
You can add a globalsign SSL Certificate site seal on your site that you have the installed GlobalSign SSL certificate. That can be done under the procedures below:
- Visit the site below using your own website.
- Under the first step go on to select image style that you wish to display on your site.
- Under the second step select the image size that you will for.
- Under step three select your own geographical location.
- Under the fourth step copy and paste the automatically generated HTML into your web pages.